Therm-Liner Plant in Schkeuditz
Schkeuditz Day Care Centre (2008)
For the heating and cooling system of the day care centre in the city of Schkeuditz, the heating and cooling demands lie at 80 or 12 kW, respectively. The abstraction capacity of 43 kW in the canal is achieved by a heat exchanger that is 39 metres long. Energy savings amount to 43 percent, CO² savings lie at 60 percent
The waste water that flows constantly in large quantities through the sewers under our cities has, up to now, been neglected as an energy source.
The energy that exists in this waste water can be used to heat or to cool buildings.
The Therm Liner System from Uhrig is installed into the existing Sewer network and the waste water simply flows over the elements. The energy is then extracts by means of a heat pump system and introduced into the buildings existing heating or cooling system for use.
Project data on the heating and cooling system
Schkeuditz Day Care Centre
- Channel: egg-shaped section
- Wastewater amount: 8.3 l/s
- Heating/cooling demands: 80 kW/12 kW
- Abstraction capacity of the canal: 43 kW
- Length of heat exchanger: 39 m
- Energy savings: approx. 43 %
- CO² reduction: approx. 60 %
- Total costs of energy supply: 140,000 €
- Pay back: < 10 years
Here you can download further information as a Pdf-Document.