Therm-Liner Plant in Bretten
Brettens Local Heating Grid (2009)
In the local heating grid in the city of Bretten, high schools, assisted living centres and connected apartment buildings receive 120 kW from the canals via heat exchangers which are 102 metres in length. The energy savings amount to 38 percent, the CO² reduction approx. 64 percent.
The waste water that flows constantly in large quantities through the sewers under our cities has, up to now, been neglected as an energy source.
The energy that exists in this waste water can be used to heat or to cool buildings.
The Therm Liner System from Uhrig is installed into the existing Sewer network and the waste water simply flows over the elements. The energy is then extracts by means of a heat pump system and introduced into the buildings existing heating or cooling system for use.
Project Data on the Heating System
Brettens Local Heating Grid (high school, assisted living centre, apartment buildings)
- Channel: rainwater overflow tank
- Wastewater amount: 60 l/s
- Heating demands: 170 kW
- Abstraction capacity of the canal: 120 kW
- Length of heat exchanger: 102 m
- Distance of canal to WP: 10 m.
- Energy savings: approx. 38 %
- CO² reduction: approx. 64 %
- Total costs of wastewater energy: 283,000 €
- Pay Back: < 10 years
Here you can download further information as a Pdf-Document.